When you signup for Managed Services for Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace will become your reseller of GCP services. This means that all billing of both infrastructure and management charges is provided through a consolidated Rackspace bill, and you do not have to maintain a payment relationship for those projects with Google directly. The credit card you provided when signing up for your Rackspace account will be automatically billed for both your GCP infrastructure, management charges and on-demand support fees, as described below.
Google bills for all infrastructure on a calendar month basis. GCP charges for the previous month’s usage are typically finalized by the 10th day of each month. After the charges are finalized by Google, both infrastructure and management charges are added to your Rackspace account and will appear on your next Rackspace bill. Each line item will include the month in which the charges were incurred. Your Rackspace bill is created the 15th of each month, unless you are using an account originally created for the Rackspace Public Cloud, in which case you will be billed based on the anniversary date the account was created.
Monthly Management Fees¶
Monthly management fees for each Aviator GCP project will be billed at the rate agreed upon during the project’s onboarding. During your first month of management for each GCP project, your monthly management fee is prorated based on the start date of management.
On-Demand Support Fees¶
On-Demand support fees for a Runway project ticket are estimated and scoped up front for each ticket by the support team. The fee needs to be agreed to before work begins. Agreed upon fees are included in the upcoming billing cycle.
On-Demand support fee is structured as a cost for the ticket and a cost for the time spent on the ticket. Time is billed in 30 minute increments, rounded up.
Viewing your Invoices¶
To view your invoices, login to the Managed Services for Google Cloud Platform Control Panel, select the Account dropdown at the top right corner, and select Billing Overview.
The primary account holder will receive an email any time a payment is processed, indicating that a new invoice is available for review.
Modifying your Payment Method¶
If you need to update the credit card or ACH (eCheck - United States only) details that you have on file, login to the Managed Services for Google Cloud Platform Control Panel, select the Account dropdown at the top right corner, and select Billing Overview. From there, you’ll find a link to update your payment details.
Native GCP Project Billing Account Access¶
All GCP projects under Rackspace management are associated with a single Rackspace owned GCP billing account for your organization. Rackspace automatically grants billing account access to the user who linked the organization with billing:admin rights. This user can manage who else in the organization has access to native GCP billing features.
Managing Access & Payment Contacts¶
Native GCP Billing panel features¶
- View GCP infrastructure usage reports by visiting the Billing section of the Google Cloud console and clicking on the Reports link in the sidebar.
- Set Budget Alerts on GCP infrastructure usage by visiting the Billing section of the Google Cloud console and clicking on the Budgets & alerts link in the sidebar.
- Export detailed infrastructure usage reports as flat files or setup recurring BigQuery export by visiting the Billing section of the Google Cloud console and clicking on the Billing export link in the sidebar.
- Visualize usage over time with Data Studio provides information on how to use Data Studio to get more detailed insights on usage
Warnings and Notes¶
Users with Billing:Admin access rights are able to make changes that can impact your service.
- Please do not modify your Rackspace supported project’s billing account assignment. Doing so will impact your service; please Contact Us if you wish to change your service level.
- Please do not add Rackspace’s billing account to projects that have not been linked through Rackspace’s web cloud management tool. If you do this your project will not be properly linked. To address please link the project through the Managed Services for Google Cloud Platform Control Panel .