Information in this section refers to an offering that is currently in Limited Availability. This documentation may also be updated at any time. Please reach out to your Account Manager for more information.
Managed Infrastructure as Code¶
Deployment through infrastructure-as-code (IaC) helps you build and manage cloud infrastructure through code, utilizing software development best practices and industry-standard DevOps tools and techniques. Using an industry-standard tool called Terraform, your infrastructure code is peer reviewed through pull requests, and committed to version control, all while being tested and deployed through automation steps called continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
This means that changes to your environment are managed through this specialized Terraform workflow, and not through the AWS Console directly. Changes in the AWS Console can conflict with Terraform management, resulting in downtime, data loss, or delays to reconcile these manual changes. It is important that all changes to your environment are managed with Terraform. If you need assistance applying a change, the Rackspace Support team will be happy to help.
- Change Workflow
- Using GitHub
- Using Terraform
- Using CircleCI
- Deploying Code
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I have a backup of my GitHub repositories? Does Rackspace keep a backup of them as well?
- Why am I seeing Terraform plans with EC2 instances that have one security group removed?
- I’ve submitted a pull request to my repository. Why isn’t it being tested and checked by the continuous automation?
- I’m seeing authentication failures in CloudTrail and in Compass when Terraform runs. What are these and what can I do about them?
- How do you handle multiple, concurrent changes? Won’t they break on each other?
- How can I share modules across repositories but still develop them quickly, without multiple pull requests for every change?
- How do protect resources from accidental deletion?
- How do I tell Terraform to ignore my application deployment pipeline’s changes? Other types of third-party changes?
- Why don’t you use Terraform’s workspaces feature?
- How do I reapply the master branch on my account, without making infrastructure changes?
- Can I take my Terraform files and scripts with me if I leave Rackspace?
- What is the IAM user on my account being used for? How can I be sure it is secure?
- How many users can I add to GitHub? How do I add them?
- How can I request a pull request review from Rackspace?
- How do I give feedback on the infrastructure-as-code product?